Meter Moves

If your energy / electric meter is currently located inside your property and you are considering having it moved to an outside wall, you will first need to contact your energy supplier to arrange this.

So why you will need Steven McGiff Electrical Services?: The cables supplying power from the fuse board to your meter will need to be repositioned from the old to new location. We have undertaken a number of meter moves with E-ON to date: they will ask you to arrange for an electrician on site for the duration of their visit, in order to connect the power supply back up from the energy meter to the fuse board. This is a perfect opportunity to also reposition your fuse board to a more convenient place.